Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fool

Wow, the melting!! It rained most of the day, sometimes quite hard yesterday and into the night. There was a great thunderstorm just after dark that was a joy to watch, I really LOVE thunderstorms.

This morning it was incredibly mild but really windy. It was still raining a bit when I headed into town. When I came back from town I noticed that the river was exceptionally high so I thought I'd snap some photos of it. Here you can see that the river is at least 50 feet the wrong side of the fence! I hope we don't lose any posts to it.

The picnic table and two benches are down by the campsite. I hope they survive the current!!

Like I said, it's extremely windy today. For anyone that's been here, they know that it's ALWAYS windy here (thus the reason for the massive wind turbines) and when I went to the house about an hour ago, the temperature had dropped significantly. I hope that the weather keeps going like this...melt one day, freeze for a day. That will stop the roads and everything from getting too soft too fast.

It's difficult with 4 dogs trying to keep all their paws clean! I spent a good while the first time the dogs went out today. Well, except for Buddy. He hates to be dirty or wet and somehow avoids walking in the mud. I only had to clean the very bottom of his paws. Princess is another story. She loves to get wet. She's the first one into the river in the summer so I'm extra careful with her right now. There are massive chunks of ice floating down the river and now in our fields.

Well, I must get ready for knitting class tonight. It's the Fingers & Toes class tonight. We get to start our Mystery Project. I'm so excited....wheeee.
lol.

L8Rs
B

1 comment:

BevMakesStuff said...

LOL I didn't even notice what time I posted this entry at until waaay later...too funny.