Friday, October 3, 2008

Um, yup...I'm still alive.

Wow, been a long time since I blogged. I've got blogstipation.

Been busy lately.

My oldest lad, Mike and I went on a wee road trip to visit a friend near North Bay. We had a great time. I got to properly meet my friend Loony and her family. Mike went fishing from the shore of Callander Bay. He caught a 10 pound Northern Pike! Wowee...that's a biggie.

Here's a pic of the fish: Mike's Pike

Once back here, the work began.

First I got a commission to do a stained glass corner piece. It's been a while since I made a 120 piece item. My hands got a little sore! I love the piece he selected and the glasses we used just made the piece. Here's a picture of the completed Grapevine Corner piece:

Grapevine Corner - back

In addition to stained glass, I have many knitting projects on the go and I'm also the webmaster for my local yarn store. I've been updating their website and hope to be publishing a large group of changes early next week. Stay tuned for the new Woollys Yarns Website.

This weekend is busy too. Tomorrow we have a wedding to attend in Collingwood. I need to get to Orangeville in the morning to weigh-in and then stop by the yarn store to pick up a ball of yarn to finish the socks I'm making for Loony's hubby. It's a great yarn that I'm using on these socks, looks wonderful worked up and feels really warm. My youngest son saw the one sock that's already made and asked who it was for...hahaha. "Hint, hint." he said to me!

Here's a picture of the first sock completed. I'm at the heel flap on the second one.

Regia Mid-Weight Sock

I'll try to be a good blogger and blog more often. It's one of those things that is on the To Do list but keeps getting bumped to the next day's list.

Have a nice weekend!!
B :o)

No comments: